Come Work With Us
We are hiring! Check out the available positions below.
Senior Graphic Designer
Description of Role
Commune is the premiere creative agency in Long Beach, serving local and national clients. This position gives you a rare opportunity to be a central part of the most innovative creative team in Long Beach. Being a Senior Graphic Designer here means being not just a well rounded designer, but also a creative that contributes and finds creative solutions. We need someone who’s ready to prove their passion for producing outstanding work, and someone with the courage to surprise everyone around them with creative ideas.
This is not your average Senior Graphic Designer position. All of our Graphic Designers are part of larger client teams, so you’ll be working on projects right alongside the rest of the creatives and team members regardless of your title. As such, you will be expected to bring in brilliant ideas while collaborating with the other members of your team and ultimately producing creative/strategic design concepts and solutions. You will have the opportunity to operate in a client facing capacity and present your creative ideas/solutions directly to our clients with the support of client services and other creative team members.
** An up to date presentation ready portfolio of work with current in-market design and brand development work is a prerequisite and must accompany your resume/any outreach in response to this posting.**
This role follows a hybrid structure, meaning you will be working both in-person at our Long Beach office and remotely. Out of state candidates will not be considered unless you have the capacity to travel to Long Beach regularly each week, or manage the commute on short notice.
This role requires operating in a client-facing in person capacity to present your creative and design solutions directly to our clients with the support of client services and other creative
team members. The nature of the creative work at Commune requires specific design outputs that will require in person delivery, such as ergonomics, human centric design, experiential design, products or tactile output and in person workshops and brainstorms.
Our Expectations are that you will act as a creative problem solver, with mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and related production environments, and be ready to produce great collaborative design work that delights and surprises us whilst on your path to becoming an Art Director or Associate Creative Director.
Your time with us will likely involve:
- Conceptualize creative that is on-brand to elevate consumer experiences through use of style guides and creative briefs.
- Collaborate and compile creative, workflow, design briefs and deliverables to determine the job requirements and scopes of work including timing, budget checkpoints, and more to inform, organize and manage multiple assets that improve workflow and maximize creativity.
- Development of visual identity systems and their applications across a variety of clients and industries.
- Creation of strategically led design output: Identity systems, campaign creative, UI/UX and digital collateral, paid social media graphics, presentation decks, illustrations, infographics, and PDF output.
- Perform, with a team focused approach, all duties as assigned on-time.
- Contribute to creative production processes by critiquing them, evolving and
improving them to foster stronger working relationships and solutions.
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout various projects.
- 5+ years agency or in-house experience in a fast-paced environment working with tight turn-around times.
- Works well under time-constraints and can turn projects around quickly when necessary and on-time without compromising quality.
- Solid understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and layout techniques.
- Experience in responsive web design, user interface (UI) design, and user experience (UX) principles.
- Knowledge of the print process and the skills necessary to present/execute on creative print solutions to campaign placements.
- Ability to listen, capture and synthesize complex client and internal design feedback into clear, correct and actionable steps to refine and improve your creative output.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details and the ability to clearly communicate the reasoning behind design choices.
- Organized, responsible, sound judgment, great attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving abilities including the ability to analyze situations
and provide alternative solutions.
- Collaborative, open-minded and able to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge of current and emerging digital media tools and trends.
- Skills in creating and editing video content for various platforms of distribution.
- Aptitude for learning new technology, programs, and improving our own workflow and processes with those learnings.
Essential Software & Skills:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Responsive Web Design Knowledge & some UI/UX Experience.
- Google Suite: Slides, docs, and sheets
- Microsoft Office/365
- WordPress/PHP/ HTML CSS knowledge relating to design opportunities and constraints.
Photography and/or video capture and editing experience.
- Health Coverage, Paid Vacation
In addition to your resume, please provide an established portfolio that you are excited to share with us that demonstrates multidisciplinary design and creative problem solving.