Come Work With Us
We are hiring! Check out the available positions below.
Description of Role
Commune creates big ideas and beautiful designs for the things we care about alongside the people we care about. We’re from different edges of the world, with expertise built in the biggest advertising markets in the world. But we’ve found our home. We’re a proud, dedicated, Long Beach branding and design agency.
We’ve got bullet points below, but our mission is to find someone who is excited by the chance to contribute to something special taking shape here at Commune. This is a fast-paced, high-growth organization and the individual holding this job should be excited about creating something bigger than themselves or any single account. Commune’s mission is to do work we love alongside people we love.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to act as the first point of contact with existing customers, field questions and find answers as needed. Ultimately, you will contribute to building a profitable, long-term relationship with each of our clients, but this role will primarily be responsible for supporting the Account Manager and VP of Client Services.
If you enjoy coming up with effective solutions and working toward achieving goals, this job is right for you. You will use your communication skills to identify and address clients’ needs while representing our company in a positive way. Previous customer service experience will be an advantage. You will also use your organizational skills to help keep projects running smoothly.
The Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for helping existing client accounts with communication or organization skills. We will need you to be good at these things:
- Helping to implement established workflows or processes.
- Providing support to customers via phone or email.
- Giving accurate information to clients when needed, this includes trafficking work and updating clients with status of projects.
- Building rapport with clients.
- Giving regular reports to the manager to help with account oversight overall.
- Communicating effectively to clients/managers.
- Coordinating with the larger team on plans and processes to ensure we are collaborating with each other effectively.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience as a Project Coordinator or relevant sales/customer service role.
- Having strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Professionalism at its highest.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good time-management skills.
- Familiar with Google Suite office.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and problem solve under pressure.
- BA/BSc degree in Business٫ Marketing or a related field
Commune is built on the foundation of friends who care deeply for each other and want to do standout work that inspires us. Commune isn’t your typical work environment. We’re scrappy and might not have all the corporate bells and whistles to offer just yet. That will disqualify us for some of you. But that’s ok because we’re looking for the ones who look at who we are as an opportunity. If that’s you, and you think you might want to throw in with a rag tag crew that’s going somewhere fast, then come talk to us… and hurry.
Description of Role
Commune’s mission is to do work we love alongside people we love. We are looking for an experienced, mid level copywriter to join our creative team and help shape the voices of our growing roster of clients.
Commune is a full-service advertising agency staffed by senior-level creatives working at the top of their craft. As our newest copywriter, you’ll be trusted to take big swings, advocate for your own ideas, and produce smart work that ladders up to your (and our) high taste level.
You’ll work with a highly organized team that already has processes in place to help you do your best work. You just have to knock it home by being a highly collaborative conceptual thinker who can take a nugget of strategic insight and write the crap out of an idea.
At Commune, the creative idea often starts with the copywriter, meaning you won’t be waiting around for an idea to drop into your lap – you’ll be proving a great one works through the words you use to bring it to life. Our ideal candidate is comfortable writing for the tiniest of spaces (like one ad on the side of a bus with 5 words max) and the most expansive of campaigns (like a six month event marketing program with daily emails and social posts). Attention to detail doesn’t just mean everything is grammatically perfect (but like, please make sure it is), it also means that you view everything as a writing opportunity. From a CTA button on a website to how you title your scripts to the labels you give to transition slides in a presentation deck, we’re looking for a writer who has fun with words even if we’re the only ones who notice.
You know how to make brands sound human and write to audiences of real people. You have a sense of humor and can hang in a room with industry veterans. You take criticism well, know when to push back, and make edits quickly. There’s nowhere to hide on a team as tight-knit as ours, so you’re also comfortable presenting your ideas internally, then selling them directly to clients in a meeting.
You skip to the bullet points anyway, so let’s get to it.
Things you’ll do:
- Generate and develop creative ideas that are on-brief – or come at it from an angle that makes us reconsider the brief because the new idea is so good
- Collaborate with art directors, web designers and strategists to improve upon ideas and actively participate in making them come to life
- Communicate often with Account team to ensure projects get done on time and meet the various brand standards as dictated by our clients
- Write with a consistency of tone, whether you’re working on an established brand or developing the voice for a new one
- Build brands and solve business problems from the client starting place of “we don’t have a brand, please tell us what to do”
- Effortlessly transpose your ideas across the many facets of a well-rounded campaign, including digital placements, video and audio scripts, event materials and activations, long-form brochures, flyers, web and more.
- Participate in regular status meetings with internal creative stakeholders and clients
Preferred skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience as a copywriter at an ad agency, in-house creative department, as a freelancer, or some combo
- A portfolio of work that we think is awesome (just being honest here)
- Experience working for B2C brands is a plus
Commune is built on the foundation of friends who care deeply for each other and want to do standout work that inspires us. That means understanding what each team member needs to be at their best. We won’t ever dictate your preferred working style, but we still expect you to be available during working hours, shift gears quickly when the inevitable fire drill happens, and proactively contribute to making the work day enjoyable.
Right now, we’re remote but will soon be hybrid with an office space in Downtown Long Beach two days a week.
We’re growing fast, doing our most exciting work ever, and are accepting the best hop-ons aboard our rocketship. So grab a hold.