Communes Web Developer Position
Commune has a wide range of WordPress design and development projects cooking across our client portfolio. Everything from E-commerce, to Civic and Social Nonprofits, Product portfolios, and Microsites for specific products or business ventures.
We are looking for talent to upskill with us, update, maintain and improve our clients WordPress (and other 3rd party CMS publishing frameworks such as DIVI) online experiences overall.
The role would be ideally suited to a developer with a minimum of 1-2 years experience. Or, a candidate that is new to the workforce that can demonstrate an industry ready skill set by way of their own personal projects or consulting work they have already executed.
This description outlines the basic functions we’d like to find in our search for the right Web Developer. Sure, we’ve got bullet points below, but our mission is to find the type of person who is excited by the chance to craft their own position and contribute to something special taking shape here at Commune.
Commune is a fast-paced, fast-growing organization and the individual holding this job should dig that type of environment. There’s no hand holding here. They should be excited about the opportunity to create something bigger than themselves or any single client account or website.
In this role, you should be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator. We chat and collaborate both internally and client facing – we love a good chat – you’ll be expected to contribute in this manner. Balancing a design & creative eye with your inner, technical nerd is essential. If you have a strong technical background – that’s awesome. But, If you are also busy with all kinds of weird personal projects making stuff outside of school and your set curriculum – then we’d definitely like to meet you.
In the post COVID era, telecommuting will absolutely work for the right candidate, but the Commune team will be returning to their downtown office location in Long Beach when we can do so safely. Our new Developer will be expected to spend time in our Downtown LB location in service of close collaboration on certain client work, unless circumstances don’t allow.
Skillsets + Tools
(desired, but not all required – some training can be provided to the right fit)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Content Management & Support with ongoing WP site design. Clarifying usability goals; designing new functionality, identifying new WP technologies to help with scaling all client websites.
- Design and Develop Print, HTML Newsletters, Social media content for both the website and social media channels. Coordinating with copywriters, suppliers and internally with the Commune Design Team.
- Familiar with PHP, HTML5, CSS3 and WordPress development. Can develop content ensuring cross-platform compatibility, and mobile responsiveness.
- Upgrades site by updating plugins and content, monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating WordPress improvement options; introducing new technology.
- Protects site by enforcing WordPress security precautions – making sure editors and contributors adhere to best practices.
- Maintains site appearance by developing content and display standards; following existing Visual standards.
- Familiar with Google Analytics – reports and analyzing, and summarizing data and basic reporting.
If this description sounds like you, then come talk to us… and hurry.